Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{ endurance }


en·dur·ance/enˈd(y)o͝orəns/Noun
1. The fact or power of enduring an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way.
Yesterday my endurance was tested.  Yesterday I had an interview for 5 (yes, FIVE) hours at Oregon State University.  I think at this point I would be OK if nobody ever asked me a question again!  Oh and I absolutely hate trying to "sell" someone on my abilities to do a job, or to try and "talk myself up."  I don't know if I'll get the job, BUT I do know I tried my hardest

This interview required a great deal of prep work, in a very short amount of time.  During my 5 hour interview I had to give a presentation and role play like I was giving the presentation to a CEO, among other employees (12 people were in there total) at some big solar energy company (fictional) in Portland.  Then I had to do a Q&A session while still in "role play" mode.  Needless to say, this was a very exhausting day.  The thought did cross my mind that this interview was WAY over my head, and there was no way I could do this.  But, I felt I should at least try.



But, the Lord totally helped give me the confidence to endure through it all and not only did I endure, I felt so accomplished and like I really did the best I could have.  I realize again that even if I don't get this job, finding the job I want takes work.  And endurance.  Endurance to put in the time, energy, and effort to continue applying for jobs after a tiring day like yesterday.

Ultimately I just want the Lord's will for my life.  So, experiences like this that nearly kill don't kill me, might just be prepping me for something else, another job, or experience that the Lord has in store.  I definitely know that's the most strenuous interview process I've ever been through.  And hopefully, it will all be worth it, but if not, at least I am that much more prepared for whatever God has planned next.

It sounds cliche , but this is the verse that I kept telling myself over and over.  Maybe you'll never have to do a 5 hour interview with role play involved, but whatever it is you're not sure you can do, just remember that verse next time your endurance is tested!



2 comments:

  1. omg 5 hours?! you go girl! I could of never done that! Fingers crossed that you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog :) And yes you should definitely followe them, they are the best! As for keeping healthy, i don't have a diet, i just eat really healthy (or at least try to! haha). I try to stay away from meat as much as a can and i also eat organic food.

    ReplyDelete

| leave us some love |

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...