Meet our good friends Nate & Ashley:
They're our best "couple" friends. My husband, Adam and Nate have been best buds since 7th grade, which is ironically when Ashley & I also met! Although Ashley & I didn't know Adam & Nate then [ they are a few years older & went to different schools than us ], we grew close quickly when we realized both our dad's were pastors and we lived in the same neighborhood. We've remained close over the years, and same with Adam & Nate, who are both now attorneys.
After my husband & I started dating I met his best bud Nate, and I quickly realized what a nice, genuine, good [and single!] guy he was and the match making began... I let Nate know I just so happened to have a single, beautiful, sweet [and single!] friend (ashley!). They started dating about 5 months after Adam & I and they have been together ever since!
We love hanging out with these two because they're so laid back, down to earth, and always up for a good time. Often times we make plans last minute and end up having a blast. We were so happy to have them be a part of our wedding, as they've been there for us a ton - not only as a couple, but before we all even knew each other.
We've taken many trips with them [renting a house boat on Shasta Lake was one of my favorites!] too and this past weekend we went with them to Newport, OR. Nate's Christmas present to Ash was that he was going to train with her for months and run a marathon with her [ how cute + creative is that?!] this is something they've both always wanted to do.
Adam, Ashley's family & I all went and cheered them on to the finish line. We were so proud, and yelled our head's off! We even made shirts & signs and followed them along the course at various stops to keep encouraging them. They're both studs and finished just a little over 4 hours - FOUR HOURS OF RUNNING!!! They made it look easy, and Ashley is already talking about the next marathon she wants to run! :]
Here are some pictures of our fun weekend, the awesome beach house we all stayed at, and more...
they're in such awesome shape & I'm pretty sure NOTHING moved at all on Ashley - she has zero body fat!!!
almost finished!
They were troopers, especially since it was only supposed to be a high of 62 that day and it ended up being 75 degrees!!! Running outside, for 4 hours, very early on a Saturday is tough, but ESPECIALLY tough in that heat when they trained for months in the rainy, cold weather!
{ashley, above & nate, crossing the finish line}
Not only did they finish their first marathon, they both got amazing times!
they made us SO proud!
The cheer squad!
We bbq'd & celebrated when they were done, back at the beach house.
post run, just relaxing & watching the sun set!
they also celebrated their 3rd anniversary this weekend!
our amazing view, from the balcony
It was a wonderful weekend, with awesome friends, & inspiring moments!
Nate & Ash - you guys make a great team!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!







ah, this makes me smile for so many reasons. i love it. i love you and ash and i love seeing the ways your lives continue to intersect. such sweet friendship. and ash- wow, that girl is one serious athlete. love this post!
ReplyDeleteNate and Ash truly are stud athletes, not to mention amazing friends. Great tribute post Linds. They deserve it!
ReplyDelete