Thursday, May 19, 2011

{ best friend }




Have you heard that Michael W. Smith song,
"friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them...?"
Maybe I'm just old, but that song is stuck in my head today, because today is my best friend's birthday.
We call eachother "FFTW" (friend from the womb) because our Mom's were friends before we were even born.  She's not the kinda friend that comes and goes, she's been here since I was little
 
yes friends, I had a mullet .

I think we were 7 here
this is us and our mom's at my wedding
She's the friend that is always supporting me, listening to me and encouraging me, and I'm so thankful we already have a lifetime of fun memories together. [Including sneaking out of my parents house in high school to go meet up with our boyfriends.  Sorry Mom & Dad]. 


She's the friend that learned to drive and we would cruise around in her parents mini van. 
She's the friend I got glamour shots with. 


She's the friend that I always had matching Easter [and every other outfit] outfits with.


 
She's the friend I always want to talk to first when anything good, or bad happens.  She's the friend that knows everything about me and STILL accepts & loves me :)
She's also the friend I prayed everyday would marry my brother, so that we could be sisters.

my brother, her and me. I've forgiven them for not getting married & making us sisters ; ]
She's the friend that we would memorize songs to [remember that Little Rascal's song, "L is for the way you Look at me..."?!].  She's the friend I always wanted to be like: tall, drop-dead-gorgeous, smart, flawless skin, and skinny [ and could eat whatever she wants and never gains weight ]. 

My other nickname for her is "sheesh" somehow I came up with that years ago even though her real name is Necia [pronounced nee-shaw] :)
I love her, I cherish our friendship, and cannot tell you how blessed I feel to have her as my forever best friend!  I know that we'll be friends even when we're old and gray, still having fun & laughing our head's off :)


Happy Birthday Sheesh!!!
Love you !
XOXO,
fftw

3 comments:

  1. You stop it right now.....making me cry (happy tears) on my birthday! I sure do love you Mary Ann...my forever friend from the womb. Thank YOU for being my forever, constant, BEAUTIFUL inside and out, friend. We've been through quite a lot together and I look forward to MANY more adventures.
    Love,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing are your words sweet Lindsey. I think you and Sheesh are "two peas in a pod" because you're mama and I prayed together when you precious girls actually were peas in our pods. That sounds kinda funny. I always love reading your blogs but I must say today was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And both of you!! It makes me sad to think I moved away but I'm so grateful for all my memories of you girls! Yes, thank goodness our mamas kept us connected. Happy birthday Nece!!

    ReplyDelete

| leave us some love |

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...